How to Teach Online [And Why]?
The most common advice people give to the teachers nowadays. But is teaching online feasible? what are the real challenges? How can you start online teaching in India? How WePrincipals can help you. Let’s look at all of these questions one by one.
Why People Advice Online Teaching?
Here are the top reasons to teach online.
- More Time: People need the better flexibility of time. We all want to save it so that we could spend it with family and friends. Online teaching gives us this flexibility very well.
- More Money: We all need money. This is, after all, a thing which buys our needs. It is a common myth that online teaching rates are much higher than classroom teaching.
- Better Results: However, this is not actually true. Online teaching is still struggling for gaining better performance in comparison to classroom teaching. People have a common myth that comfort of online teaching can generate better results for them.
But wait! Before you start searching for online teaching opportunities I suggest you to looking at the challenges India faces while online teaching.
Challenges in Online Teaching in India
India is a different country. There are more than 315 million students are in India at current. But this is not enough information to push you towards online teaching here.
- Most of the students don’t have internet access.
- Most of the students can’t effort high hourly or monthly fee.
- There are already free lectures available nowadays. You need to show why you are different and better. And it’s challenging.
- The Internet is bizarre for most of the teachers. That is right. People in majority still seem indifferent towards the opportunity.
- Some things can never be taught online. You need a teacher to correct you. Demonstrate you, clear your doubts and sometimes to grab your hands and to write it for you.
How to Start an Online Teaching in India
Unlike other countries where you can create your website and start your online tutorship program, here are the better advice if you are from India.
- Start Offline
The first and very important thing you need is credibility. You need to have students who are studying from you.
- Be competitive
You might now have seen competition in offline teaching. There will be so many students who will be ready to study offline with you. But online life is competitive. You need good reviews, smart rates, and a great profile to start online.
- Learn Everyday
Students have so many options online. If you are not good enough, they will run away. Learn new things every day and present it to the students.
- Importance of a good online profile
The key thing we take care of at WePrincipals is your profile. It must be sound. It should look stunning. Full of your experiences and skills. Share your profile on social media and you can start teaching on SKYPE, WhatsApp, Facebook or at anywhere.
What do you need to start online Teaching
Online teaching is a tough job. You need to have proper gadgets so that your voice, expressions and writing work can reach to the students properly. Here are the tools you MUST have before you think about online teaching.
- Presentation maker:
This is the easiest one. Use google ppt or MS Office if you have a computer. You can use both on your smartphones too.
- Digital Pad(click to buy):
Bamboo pads are useful if you want to make better lessons and presentations. You can write about them and everything can be shared and recorded on your computer or mobile.
- A good timing
Timings are important in online teaching. After all, this is one of the biggest driving force to start working online.
- A slow start
Don’t overcharge your students with huge promises and fees or you will be flooded with negative reviews. Trust me! this is the worst you can do to your career.
- A dedicated Facebook profile
Your students follow you. Don’t share anything they will not like. You must have a good and engaging social profile.
There may be more of what I have missed about online teaching and tutoring. I hope this guide will help you to boost up in your online teaching journey.
Start with making a complete profile on WePrincipals and share it with your students.